Domestic abuse

If you are a victim of domestic abuse (physical, emotional & psychological), the first thing you need to know is that there are people out there who can help.  For your protection, there are two types of Orders which the Court can make. The first is a Non-Molestation Order which prohibits someone from using violence against you, threatening you with violence or harassing, pestering or molesting you. The other type is an Occupation Order which excludes one party from occupying a home or from coming within a certain distance of it.

Members of our team will identify the most appropriate course of action in your case and will be able to represent you if Court proceedings become necessary.

Obtaining one or both of these orders through the Court would mean that the arrangements are binding and a breach of an Order can be a criminal offence. We appreciate that every case is different and whilst sometimes a letter may be enough to prevent abuse from happening again, other cases require the intervention of the Court in order to prevent serious abuse or, in certain circumstances, to remove the abuser from the home.

If you are unsure about what you can do and would like to talk through the options available to you, then please call us on 01780 484570 and we will be able to help.