Our Housing Law specialists have a wealth of experience in assisting Registered Providers, Local Authorities, Government departments, landlords and property managers in dealing with contentious and non-contentious housing issues.
However, we appreciate that often you just need to keep up to date with the latest changes in legislation or upskill your team. We can deliver social housing training for a fixed cost or design a bespoke training session to meet your needs.
In particular Gail Sykes, Head of Housing at Buckles Solicitors, regularly lectures on housing management and anti-social behaviour law. She is also a regular speaker at the Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) events helping their members to understand the latest legislation.
Our social housing team are all experienced presenters and regularly deliver training to clients on the following topics:
- Housing management and managing tenancy agreements
- Anti-social behaviour
- Shared ownership
- DIY gas injunctions
- Debt claims and service charges
- Assured, assured shorthold and secure tenancies
- Fixed term and affordable tenancies
- Injunctive relief
- File management
- Preparing witness statements
- Understanding shared ownership leases and understanding conveyancing procedures
- Development issues
- Planning agreements and Community Infrastructure Levy
- Section 38/278 Highways Agreements
- Updates on Planning Policy/legislation and environmental legislation
- Compulsory Purchase process and compensation
- Construction and procurement
- The Equality Act 2010
What others say:
"Gail is an expert in her field, extremely knowledgeable and totally confident about the subject matter. Superb as always"
From CIH Lunch & Learn session 12 May 2015