Mr Elliott was a Geographical Information Systems Manager for Dorset County Council for more than 34 years. His new line manager brought disciplinary proceedings against him. During those proceedings, Mr...
Buckles achieves ultimate Investors’ Green Award
Peterborough law firm Buckles Solicitors has achieved the Investors in the Environment Green Award – the highest achieveable level within the IiE.
Top reasons cited for achieving the award are:
- 98% of staff surveyed want to take part in environmentally friendly activities at work
- Plan to reduce all consumables – electricity, water, waste, paper and travel in 12 months
- Support for Forest for Peterborough, planting a tree for every probate client served
- Staff given one paid working day a year for voluntary work in the local community
- 90% of staff want to see even more done to encourage environmental practices at work
"This is fantastic news and a credit to everyone working here" said Paul Branch, Partner and Head of the firm's green group. "Rather than just being an exercise in ticking boxes we work hard to encourage staff buy-in and commitment in the belief this will benefit the firm as well as the environment.
"We now want to harness this positive attitude and the savings it brings and put them towards further projects and benefits for our staff."
Staff pictured at a recent visit to the Forest for Peterborough site (left to right: Sophie Day, Jennie Oliver, Paul Branch)