When the UK officially left the EU on 31 December 2020, there was still much uncertainty as to how British nationals purchasing and owning properties in France would be affected....
Global Business Mobility route
The sponsored Global Business Mobility routes simplifies the UK immigration offer for business by bringing together, reforming and expanding various business mobility routes.
It requires sponsorship, replaces existing categories and provides routes for the following:
- Senior or Specialist Worker: for senior executives and specialists undertaking temporary assignments at a UK branch or subsidiary of the business for whom they work (replacing the intra-company transfer route);
- Graduate trainees undertaking a placement in the UK as part of a structured training programme (replacing the intra-company graduate trainee route);
- UK Expansion Worker: allows teams of workers to be sent to establish a new branch or subsidiary of an overseas business (replacing the sole representative provisions in the representative of an overseas businesses route);
- Service Supplier: undertaking work covered by one of the UK’s commitments on trade in services (replacing the service supplier provisions in the Temporary Work International Agreement route); and
- Secondment Worker: a brand-new provision for secondments to UK businesses in connection with high value contracts for goods or investment.
High Potential Individual Visa
This visa is designed to attract talents to the UK and is exclusively for applicants who have graduated from a top global university listed on the Global Universities List within five years prior to the application, and does not need sponsorship nor a job offer.
This route would allow scale-up companies to hire very highly skilled workers, at graduate level.
Unlike other sponsored routes, the Scale-up route will only require individuals to be sponsored for the initial six months on the route. It will allow for extensions of stay and settlement.