The Court of Appeal has overturned a High Court ruling that, if upheld, would have recognised Islamic marriage under English law. Instead, the judgment means that such a marriage (nikah)...
Welcome to BUCKLESprotect – a tailored package providing employers with complete peace of mind against complex and costly employment legislation. For a monthly fee, you are given direct access to a qualified employment solicitor who will provide you with the advice your business needs.
The complexity of employment legislation continues to increase year on year. You cannot stop employees from making claims against you; however, you can ensure that if a claim arises you have access to high quality advice and comprehensive protection for your business.
The benefits of joining BUCKLESprotect include:
- Assistance with your HR and employment matters, including; contracts, handbooks, disciplinary and grievance procedures
- A telephone helpline providing direct access to an experienced employment law solicitor, providing you with expert advice from the start
- A local, personal service that includes face-to-face contact with our team, ensuring consistency and an enhanced relationship rather than call centre advice
- Protection from disclosure of ‘private’ correspondence through dealing with a law firm
- Our 1-year contract provides flexibility rather than being locked into a long-term HR scheme (often 3-5 years)
- A service level guarantee and our regulation by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
How we can help you
BUCKLESprotect operates a three-tier scheme of employment law services and specialist advice to businesses; Safety Net, Shield and Shield Plus.Our regulated and qualified team of experts strive to ensure quality of service, establishing a strong relationship with you and your company, and focusing on the challenges that you face.
The first tier, Safety Net, will provide you with expert advice and the following key services:
- A short form template staff handbook
- A single new junior template contract
- Telephone helpline and email advice
- A regular e-bulletin of employment law updates
- Invitations to all Buckles employment law events
- Service level guarantee – 10% reduction in our fees if you are unhappy with our service
The second tier, Shield, offers a more extensive service which also includes:
- A standard staff handbook and assistance with bespoke policies
- Providing new and compliant contracts of employment
- Inclusion of specific clauses and provisions from existing contracts into new contracts
- Template letters and documents
- 6-monthly review – we won’t try to lock you into long-term contracts (often 3-5 years)
The final tier, Shield Plus, offers clients a fully comprehensive premium service. The package also includes:
- Face-to-face meetings
- Full handbook and bespoke contracts
- Support with settlement agreements
- Formal written advice on up to 3 cases detailing case law and legislation
- Quarterly review meetings at your offices
- 24-hour turnaround
Once you have chosen the package that is right for you, further bespoke services may be available through BUCKLESprotect, such as insurance and training, depending on your needs.
All levels of cover include the following areas: grievances, disciplinaries, dismissals; sickness absence & management, small scale redundancies/restructuring (3 roles or fewer); family-friendly rights, maternity, paternity, parental rights; flexible working; discrimination and equality issues; harassment and bullying; whistleblowing.