If we asked ten people what Blockchain is, I’m betting (hypothetically) we would get ten completely different answers. Ask a bunch of lawyers to provide a basic definition of it,...
Senior Consultant Solicitor, Planning & Environment
I joined Buckles in August 2021 as a Senior Consultant and have extensive experience in Planning, Infrastructure & Environment law, having worked with a range of public and private sector clients on a range of matters, including major developments, regeneration projects, infrastructure, affordable housing, and the High Speed 2 Rail Project.
Many of our clients involve me from the outset on their projects so that we can minimise issues and carry out due diligence work, site assembly, planning reports through to advising on issues arising on applications, complex S106 agreements for multi-use developments, development agreements and related work for S38 and S278 agreements.
I have worked extensively on the High Speed 2 project with substantial experience on the hybrid bill process, petitions to the Select Committee, through to advising on Schedule 17 plans and specifications approvals, lorry route applications and S61 applications relating to noise. I have advised on pre-applications negotiations, due diligence on the elements of developments for which consent is being sought, advised on powers of Local Authorities, Certificates of Lawfulness Applications and related planning applications under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
My approach is to work proactively, think outside the box and build up strong relationship with all my clients. It is important to work proactively to find solutions to clients’ issues and to be someone in whom they have full confidence.
My areas of expertise include:
- Advise on Planning Applications
- S106 Agreements and Unilateral Undertakings
- Planning appeals and Inquiries
- Judicial Reviews and legal challenges
- Objections to planning applications
- Certificates of Lawfulness and Established Use applications and evidence
- Stopping Up and Diversion Orders
- Enforcement Notices, Breach of Conditions Notices and prosecutions
- Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas matters
- Tree Preservations Orders and Advertising controls
- Advising clients on all aspects of rail projects including viaducts, bridges, vents shafts, landscape, heritage and ecology matters tied to such developments.
- Advise on High Speed 2 Legislation and Environment Minimum Requirement documents
- Petitioning work
- Advising on Schedule 17 Plans and Specifications Approvals and Lorry Route Approvals processes, considerations and decision making
- Challenges to decisions
- Advise on related environmental matters including, noise and air pollution
- Project Management and overseeing delivery of project
- Community Engagement Events organised and lead on engagement with relevant stakeholders
I have been a school governor for 14 years. I was also the President of Association of Muslim Lawyers 2002 – 2014, the Co-Chair Citizens UK Independent Asylum Commission 2006-2008, and Commissioner of Citizens UK Commission on Islam, Participation and Public Life 2015-2017
I love spending time with family and friends, baking, watching cricket and tennis, and going off to retreats to relax.
I have known Ifath for several years and in that time have grown to have total confidence in her legal advice but in addition she always goes that extra mile to provide assistance beyond what would normally be expectedRod Black, Highways Approvals Team Leader - HS2 Team