The government has today announced that the extension of the ban on bailiff evictions, for all but the most serious cases, will continue during the new period of national restrictions....
I am a Spanish speaking English qualified solicitor and have spent most of my career dealing with foreign law at niche international practices in London and within specialist departments at regional law firms. I’m one of a handful of English qualified solicitors with an established specialism in overseas property law.
Predominantly, I advise individuals, families and professional advisers throughout the UK and abroad on:
- Tax efficient Spanish estate administration and contested Spanish inheritances
- Spanish Wills and Anglo-Spanish Capacity issues
- Tax efficient transfer of share in Spanish property triggered by family breakdowns and buy-outs between co-owners and family members
I’m regularly asked to bridge gaps on matters where Spanish professionals have already been appointed, typically to:
- Deal quickly with Spanish Powers of Attorney
- Certify important differences between English and Spanish Law; and
- Trouble shoot problems arising from language and cultural barriers
I also have experience dealing with assets in Cape Verde, the Caribbean, Croatia, Dubai, Germany, Morocco, Switzerland and Turkey. If I can’t help you or your clients in these countries or elsewhere, I can usually put you in touch with someone you can.
Before qualifying in 2002, I studied Law and Spanish Law at the University of Kent and Deusto in Spain.
Outside work I enjoy racket sports and I’m a keen environmentalist. I’ve recently started to relive my youth by playing club table tennis, I cycle to work and my wife and two young boys are on our journey to becoming a zero waste household.