Accidents arising from slips and trips are often perceived as trivial, and an example of the "compensation culture".
In reality, a high proportion of such accidents involve serious injury. The Health and Safety Executive estimate that 95% of major slips result in broken bones.
Examples of tripping and slipping personal injury claims successfully pursued include:
- Severe injuries to the elderly, caused by slipping or tripping on defective pavements
- Injuries to children caused by defective utility grids
- Injuries caused by slipping on wet floors in supermarkets, hospitals and schools
- Injuries suffered by children in playgrounds and sports centres
- Claims by council tenants for ill health caused by housing disrepair and defective premises
- Injuries to cyclists, motorcyclists and motorists caused by potholes in roads
All public and private organisations owe a duty of care to ensure all visitors to premises are safe. Local Authorities are also under a duty to ensure that pavements and public highways are in a safe condition for public use. Buckles is instructed in many such cases each year.
What should you do?
- Take photographs is you can of the cause of the accident. Use a coin or some other item to give scale
- Report the incident to an appropriate person/authority
For further information about out services or for a free, no obligation discussion with one of our personal injury lawyers, call us on 01733 888911.