Buckles Solicitors LLP recognise that all businesses impact on the environment in a variety of different ways. As such we are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations.
As a firm, prior to adopting this specific policy we have already undertaken various environmental initiatives such as using fsc paper, introducing recycling, switching off unnecessary lights, switching off unnecessary printers and installing energy efficient bulbs.
We have identified the following key environmental impacts associated with the provision of legal services.
- Waste Disposal
- Consumption of Energy, Water and other resources
- Production and disposal of correspondence and paper files
- Consumption of paper
- Consumption of printer cartridges
- Travel to and from the office and to clients, court etc
The company is committed to reducing these and other impacts and to the continual improvement of our environmental performance. To help achieve this Buckles Solicitors LLP are working towards Investors in the Environment Green accreditation.
We are committed to working with our staff, customers, suppliers, investors, contractors, regulatory bodies and neighbours to achieve the following objectives;
- Meet and where possible exceed all environmental regulations relevant to our organisation and its activities.
- Increase cost-effectiveness by reducing our consumption of energy and raw materials
- Reduce waste, pollution and noise both locally and in the wider environment
- Systematically assess all aspects of our company
- Set targets for measurable annual improvements
- Make our progress available for independent assessment.
By making the business greener, more efficient and achieving cost effectiveness the intention would be to release funds back into the firm for investment in the business and in the staff.
It is the responsibility of all employees, visitors and contractors to fully support this policy through active participation and co-operation.
This environmental policy will be displayed at all times and is openly available to all members of the public via our website - www.buckles-law.co.uk
The introduction and implementation of this policy is a commitment of Buckles Solicitors LLP management and a shared responsibility with our employees. Duncan McWilliam has designated responsibility for day-to-day implementation of this policy.
The policy will be reviewed annually as part of the organisations overall environment management plan.
POSITION: Managing Partner
GREEN CHAMPION APPOINTED FOR ENVIRONMENTAL ENQUIRIES:
BUCKLES SOLICITORS LLP
101 BOURGES BOULEVARD
TELEPHONE 01733 888727